Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

I don't have a camera this week (it is in Spain with Jason) so I cannot update with pics from the kids' floor. But since Jason is gone, it reminded me of something Caedon said the first time Jason went on a trip since we moved here. It must have been about a year or so ago. Jason went to Spain (Barcelona this time) for a meeting and so we were on our own. I went to pick up the boys from Kindergarten and they asked about their daddy. I said he was on a trip. Caedon then said, "are we going to have to get a new Daddy?" It was pretty cute. I asked him if he wanted a new daddy and he said "no". Jason's job security is good for now!

3 comments:

amy wright said...

Ha ha! Kids are so funny.
Jay is working on his doctorate but just graduated with his masters. We all went to the graduation ceremony but Isaac really didn't want to go. Finally, during the ceremony, he broke down in tears. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that he didn't want Jay to move away and go to college. He thought that ALL college kids moved away from their families. I felt pretty bad but you just never know what is going through a kids' mind.

Becky Dietz said...

Oh man! They really know how to pull on our heart strings, don't they??

NonModern said...

Well, as it was a spiritual retreat and focused time of renewal, he is hopefully getting a "new" dad back.