Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

About Me

I am not a writer or a deep thinker, just a wanna-be. I live in a European city where I am a missionary. This is just a bunch of ramblings about some of my experiences and frustrations in my life here and back in the states. I come from a “good Baptist family” in Texas where I lived for 30 years prior to moving here. I am a wife of a former youth pastor (who did everything in the absence of other church staff), Sunday school teacher, mother of 4, VBS director and everything else one can do in the church. I am trying to discover my true purpose, or at least a significant one. I am also trying to find ways to share my faith in a contextual setting and trying to get past my shyness and terrible language skills. I am a mother who is trying to be a good spiritual example. I also am trying to teach my 6 year old to read in English before he starts school next year in German.
I also love to scrapbook, photography and read and may add these elements into this blog.

3 comments:

Becky Dietz said...

CHERYL!!
So glad you're here. I can't wait to hear all about your days in Europe. I know you have lots of good stuff to say. I can't BELIEVE you've been married 13 YEARS! WOW! Where did the time go?

NonModern said...

You forgot to mention that you are incredibly beautiful.

Janis said...

I found it! I'm sure you'll do better at this than I ever have; you have much more to share!