Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Greater Love by Robert Whitlow

GreaterLove tells the story of Tami, a recent law school graduate trying to decide where she wants to begin her aspiring law career. Should she join a well established firm or venture out with two other graduates and begin a new practice. To add to her confusion, she has two suiters her are pursuing her. After her decision, she is assigned a case that both challenges her faith and puts her life in danger. This is the third book in a series called Tides of Truth.

I haven’t read the first two books in this series, but have previously read books by Whitlow. I liked both of the books I had read, but this one left something to be desired. I am not sure if i am just cynical or not in touch with today’s Christian (I do live in a secular country) but I found Tami’s character and her family to be somewhat unbelievable. Do most mid-twenty -somethings depend so much on their parents to help them make every decision? The first person story telling also bothered me but I am not sure why.

Overall, the book is a light read, as in light on content, light on likability. I don’t know if Tami is in the previous books and therefore a known entity but I could never really like her. I don’t dislike her, just couldn’t really relate to her. I also don’t live in the south (Texas isn’t the south is it?) and so that may also complicate my ability to relate. If I were to give the book a rating from 0-5 with 5 being the best, I would give it a 2.

No comments: